The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Checklists Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Some lists of things you want to tick off you don't want to vanish as 'completed'.

For instance, some people owe me money for t shirts. So I create an action with sub actions (names of people to collect from):

Collect money for t shirts
>Dave
>Fred
>John

etc

However, when I mark someone as 'completed' (because they paid me) their entry vanishes. But this isn't what I want to happen. I would prefer if their name remained ticked off but still on the list. I want to keep this group of people in this action list together for current and later reference - in some of their note fields I have kept info about how much they paid, how much I owe them back etc

I want to LOCK this action list with it's sub actions so I can keep an eye on it. Having things vanish off into the nowhere of 'completed actions' spits this info in a way I can't then really use again.

Any ideas on this? I always have my 'removed completed actions' set to on because I like things to go away once they're completed. But for some specific action lists I don't. Could we have this behavior on an action by action or subgroup basis? Or even have a new category of sub group called checklist? For me, these kinds of lists are just ever so slightly different in my mind to normal actions.

Cheers