The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change folder to project or vice versa? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If it has been already asked, forgive me but I was not able to find it. I wonder if I can convert folders to projects or the other way around as well.

Thanks,
SL

Nothing built-in to do it for you, but it isn't hard to do it by hand.

Converting a folder to a project:
  1. Go to the sidebar, select the name of the folder and press cmd-C to copy it to the clipboard.
  2. Use File->Add Project to create a new project. Press cmd-V to paste the folder's name.
  3. Drag the newly created project outside the folder.
  4. Now select the contents of the folder, and drag and drop them on the newly created project.
  5. Remove the empty folder.
Each project in the folder will be converted to an action (if empty) or action group in the new project.

Converting a project to a folder:
  1. Go to the sidebar, select the name of the project and press cmd-C to copy it to the clipboard.
  2. Use File->Add Folder to create a new folder. Press cmd-V to paste the project's name.
  3. Now select the contents of the project, and drag and drop them on the newly created folder.
  4. Remove the empty project.

Each action or action group in the project will be converted to a project in the new folder.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2011-03-30 at 05:19 PM..

@whpalmer4, Thank you for nicely explaining all the steps. It is very helpful.

SL