The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Command+Click starts a download that immediately hangs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My index finger is accustomed to clicking links with the scroll wheel on my Kensington mouse, which becomes a Command+Click (open in a background tab).

I accidently Command+Clicked on a link to a DMG file. A new tab appeared for a tiny fraction of a second. A few seconds later the OW SP10 Downloads window popped up with the new download entry. But ...

1. The entry has no icon and no file name.

2. The download freezes, reporting a few kB downloaded.

3. No file is created.

The Stop button cancels this hanging download.

This behavior is repeatable.

Sorry, folks, for the duplicate thread. I did do a title search for "download", but that topic didn't jump out of the list. :o

Thanks, Forrest, for the graceful response and helpful link.