The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Set spouse up with vanilla GTD app (free?) that feeds me her todos (for me?) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am looking for a solution

Basically I want her @husband/slave/drone actions to get sent to me automatically. Or broadcasted to the private twitter acc I (already) use to route my Vlingo dictated tasks to OF.

Can something like Remember the milk be configured to "broadcast" selected contexts?

OF is to complex for her (IMO) I need a simple solution to ease her into GTD.

Many thanks OF peeps!

Can anyone out me out of my misery? It's like groundhog day - I am back investigating remember the milk!

Nightmare!

Maybe you're approaching this from the wrong angle. Have you considered upgrading your spouse to an OmniFocus-compatible model? :-)

Casper, would the send-to-omnifocus service help?

She could send an email to that address, then some sort of mail rule could forward the response email with the "add to OmniFocus" link along to one of your addresses...

Once you settle on whatever tool/system she will employ then there is hope to help you with a solution. For starters is she using a Mac or windows and is it a shared Mac with omnifocus or not? Then what is the actual software and how does it store the task list she is creating? Can she use Dropbox if you are not using a shared Mac? I am sure there is a solution but need more information

One easy way to have her use omnifocus and not be overwhelmed is to just have her use the inbox only. Just create an action with a note and to mark them done. That is a pretty short learning curve. Over time you can expose her to folders, contexts and all the power of omnfocus without having to change her tool out from under her as she steps up. Just a thought. Given the power of omnifocus it would seem you can help her start simple and grow into it. Just a thought

So you want your wife to be able to send items directly into your Inbox?

Not knowing how that Twitter thing is configured... Maybe your wife could DM that account.

This sounds like an opportunity for a new app. "Honeydew OF" ;)

Have you tried to create a context and setup and assigned a Google Calendar to sync that context across multiple computers using the built in iCal sync?