The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SnowLeopard Exchange iCal Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It appears that Omnifocus can not sync to Calendars in iCal that are syncing with Exchange Calendars.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Travis

We're definitely working on Snow Leopard compatibility, and any problems we're aware of will get worked on between now and when the OS ships.

I won't rule out the possibility that someone from the engineering team will provide more info, but if they don't, it's because pre-release versions of Apple software generally fall under the confidentiality clause of the ADC membership agreement.

(I didn't want you to think that we're ignoring your question; we may just not be able to answer it outside of the Apple Developer Forums.)

I almost posted in the SnowLeopard Beta Forum but thought I would shoot it here.

I will post one later and maybe one of the devs will reply in the other forum :).

Thanks for the quick reply.

Travis

Is there any update on this, snow leopard is arriving on friday and I am desperately needing to sync with my exchange calendar?

Snow leopard is now out and 1.7 did not bring us the ability to sync with exchange calendars? Please update us on this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We're definitely working on Snow Leopard compatibility, and any problems we're aware of will get worked on between now and when the OS ships.

I won't rule out the possibility that someone from the engineering team will provide more info, but if they don't, it's because pre-release versions of Apple software generally fall under the confidentiality clause of the ADC membership agreement.

(I didn't want you to think that we're ignoring your question; we may just not be able to answer it outside of the Apple Developer Forums.)

I'm not aware whether any promise was made that your requested feature was definitely going to be in 1.7, but in any event, Apple's shipping of Snow Leopard at this early date seems to have caused the original feature list for 1.7 to be divided into "stuff we can ship at Snow Leopard FCS" and "stuff we'll have to ship after" and though it pains me greatly to say it, you might be better off if your feature ended up in the second category and missed out on the rush to get out the door this past week. Much of what did make it still seems pretty rough around the edges, and I find it hard to believe that they would have released it this week if Snow Leopard wasn't due to ship for another few weeks. Which is worse, not having your feature, or discovering the hard way that it isn't reliable?

I was not saying that I want the feature now, but I would like to know an ETA when this will be restored, since I rely extensively on the sync feature to pull in tasks from Microsoft Project. And being able to sync with the local calendars is not helpful at all in my case :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I'm not aware whether any promise was made that your requested feature was definitely going to be in 1.7, but in any event, Apple's shipping of Snow Leopard at this early date seems to have caused the original feature list for 1.7 to be divided into "stuff we can ship at Snow Leopard FCS" and "stuff we'll have to ship after" and though it pains me greatly to say it, you might be better off if your feature ended up in the second category and missed out on the rush to get out the door this past week. Much of what did make it still seems pretty rough around the edges, and I find it hard to believe that they would have released it this week if Snow Leopard wasn't due to ship for another few weeks. Which is worse, not having your feature, or discovering the hard way that it isn't reliable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grangej View Post
I was not saying that I want the feature now, but I would like to know an ETA when this will be restored, since I rely extensively on the sync feature to pull in tasks from Microsoft Project. And being able to sync with the local calendars is not helpful at all in my case :-)
Oh, so this used to work in Leopard but doesn't in Snow Leopard? What happens now vs. what used to happen? Do the calendars just no longer appear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Oh, so this used to work in Leopard but doesn't in Snow Leopard? What happens now vs. what used to happen? Do the calendars just no longer appear?
No it never has worked, but many other apps that I use that sync with iCal can also sync with the calendars from exchange.

In Omnifocus even though in iCal I have 5 Calendars, the only one that Omnificus sees are local calendars. Remote calendars are not available in Omnifocus for syncing.

I do have other apps that sync with iCal that can see all the other calendars and sync with them. (THL, and Things).

I can set you up an exchange account for testing if you all like.

Travis Llewellyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisll View Post
I can set you up an exchange account for testing if you all like.
That would be very helpful. Feel free to contact me directly at kc@omnigroup.com.