The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to export without annoying symbols Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I export to a Word format, I get symbols at the beginning of each entry:
• ❑
For plain text export, I get these symbols: - [ ]

I also get a lot of spaces between lines.

Is there any way to export from Omni Outliner so that the lines are plain and/or indented but without the symbols and extra spaces?

If you use the inspector to turn off status checkboxes and not show the row handles before exporting, the plain text file doesn't seem to get the ersatz handles and checkboxes, but the MS Word (HTML) file still does. That seems like a bug to me, and you should send in a report with Help->Send Feedback to get it fixed.

The Word (HTML) export is giving you bullet and checkbox? It shouldn't even care about those. And they don't appear for me...

As for plain text, you can edit the preferences for it, OmniOutliner menu -> Preferences -> Text tab. From there you can clear out the fields for bullets and checkboxes, or as whpalmer4 suggested, hide those on screen before exporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianblum View Post
When I export to a Word format, I get symbols at the beginning of each entry:
• ❑
Were you using the RTF export? That's when you'll get those symbols. And like plain text, you can modify the RTF export settings in the preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
The Word (HTML) export is giving you bullet and checkbox? It shouldn't even care about those. And they don't appear for me...
They do for me. See [OG #485565] for samples. Though looking at the file it created in emacs, I'm prepared to believe that my ancient copy of Word (v.X) is doing this on its own...

Yeah, I saw that, you're talking about the + and - that appears? That's the row controls Word uses for outline view.