The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dual Color Option in Styles in OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How does one replicate the dual color option set in omnifocus under default styles?

I am interested in seeing my contexts or my next actions in alternate row colors but I can't figure out how to create that kind of a color in styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
How does one replicate the dual color option set in omnifocus under default styles?
That's not the alternate row color option in OmniOutliner that you have in mind, is it ?

Nope (edit: I wouldn't know since I don't use OmniOutliner). If you have the default settings of styles in omnifocus notice the picture below that will show dual colors for the background and shadow

However, that is something I am unable to replicate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-09-19 at 1.45.33 PM.png
Views:	934
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1594  

Quote:
If you have the default settings of styles in omnifocus notice the picture below that will show dual colors for the background and shadow
My interpretation of that chequered icon was that it signifies a "custom" setting rather than a default setting.

Peering into the property list innards of a default theme file, I can see any dual color values tho I might be missing something ...

Turns out to indicate an opacity value below 100%
Text color > Custom > [move the opacity slider to the left]

Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

Now I realize what I may be asking for is different.
I am looking to get due actions be viewed in alternate line colors.

you rock for findin that out though!

Quote:

Now I realize what I may be asking for is different.
I am looking to get due actions be viewed in alternate line colors.
OmniFocus doesn't work that way. Use Help->Send Feedback to make a feature request.

OmniPlan and OmniOutliner do offer such a feature, and both call it Alternate Rows in the document or project styling.