The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus Themes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

just noticed this thread after my post

So I guess this is the right place to put this:

the default style of Omnifocus was a little to heavy for me so I created this minimal version. You can download it from here.
(The Possibilities to change the style in Omnifocus is limited so this theme is just a little step in a simpler direction)

Changes made:
⁍ Lineheight and child intend reduced (the theme data format is actual kind of xml file where you can adjust some details better than in omnifocus)
⁍ Type has less contrast
⁍ Smaller Fontsize
⁍ No next action or single action highlighting
⁍ and some other minor changes.

Install Instructions:
Exctract the zip file and douple Click it's content("Omnifocus_minimal...ofocus-theme"). Omnifocus will ask you if you want to use this theme. Click replace. (You can go back to the default theme anytime).

download.

Last edited by marekp; 2009-03-12 at 03:09 AM..

Nice Job ! it's sort of relaxing in a way : )
Sort of like a yellow legal pad .. [Schlaefer's theme ]
This would be great for those wanting to use OF for Mark Forsters focus list .

made an update of the theme because the type in the quick entry window was accidently very bright.

Is there a way to apply a theme but not have it used when printing? I like some of these themes being posted, but when trying to print on a black and white laser printer, it does not look very good. Even when checking off "black and white printing" the backgrounds still come out in various shades of gray (as well as the type, depending on what kind of action it is).

Thanks for any help/advice.

Eric

You can switch between two themes fairly easily by putting aliases to the theme files in your dock, on your desktop, etc. Double-click on the printing theme, whip off the print job, double-click on the screen them... It would be nice if OmniFocus could be a bit smarter about not reminding you to save the settings if they are unchanged from when loaded, although perhaps it would be effort just as well spent allowing one to specify a different theme for printing purposes in your case...

I'm using omnifocus much more since I made this transparent theme:

http://www.frozen-layer.com/images/n...omni_trans.png

Last edited by deadsunrise; 2009-05-11 at 12:15 PM..

I'm glad to find this theme thread; it's good to see how others are styling OF... Hope to see more. I'm not a UI designer, and would like to see what some pros might do.

One of the things i messed with is the idea of a RED overdue task. It totally made me anxious and dogmatic about my workflow. So instead I went for the theme here. It's completely changed my "feeling" about looking at my tasks.

Bright highlight for tasks overdue feels less like i've made horrible errors with my time. Lighter highlighting for tasks due soon. and no highlighting for tasks available, but not urgent or required. This is how I roll in OF.

Like i said, not a UI designer and would definitely love to see what more people are using. And would really be interested in seeing how I can make this look better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	2194
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	923  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Chase2.ofocus-theme.zip (1.1 KB, 1265 views)

Is there a theme switcher in the Prefs section? It would make sense to have a Prefs tab where you are presented with a list of themes, in addition to default, and a button for "Reset" for when you wan to go back to OF's default theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolajl View Post
Is there a theme switcher in the Prefs section? It would make sense to have a Prefs tab where you are presented with a list of themes, in addition to default, and a button for "Reset" for when you wan to go back to OF's default theme.
In preferences, you can go to "Style" and bottom left is a little gear that comes up with a menu to load and save new themes. You can also copy and paste styles from this menu.