The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reading and setting colour using web #xxxxxx reference Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi ...

I'd like to use an 'eye dropper like' tool to read the colour of an imported object, as well as set the colour, using the web colour referencing (i.e. #ff0011).

I know how to do this in PhotoShop and Illustrator, but can't seem to work it out in OmniGraffle Pro.

Any help would be gratefully received ... ;-)

The widget furthest to the right in the color picker shows web colors. (The color picker is what you get with Format>Show colors or by inspecting fill.) The widget's icon is a color slider with a spiderweb behind it. You might have to expand the color picker to see it; I think the default size may not show the web color widget. You can set colors there by entering the hex digits of the html color scheme. To read colors use the magnifying glass. Its icon is to the left of the color swatch at the top of any of the picker widgets. Click on it and then click on an object or image to read its color. (You can actually click anywhere on the screen at that point, not just within OG. It reads pixels' colors.)

Brilliant - thank you!