The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unable to lock document? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just applied an Apple update to my MacBook (EFI firmware, I think it was called). I closed down all apps before I did it, and afterwards when I re-opened OF, I got several alerts with the message "unable to lock document" and one that just said "alert".

I can't open my data, I can't quit the app, I can't revert to a backup. I'm kind of stuck.

I did a search, and this is all I came up with: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...=lock+document

Doesn't seem to be related, but just in case - I don't run OF on two machines. I don't HAVE two machines. :)

Thanks for any help. I'll send this off to the ninjas, too.

Last edited by Betsy; 2007-10-01 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: Add urgency to title

Well, I don't know what happened, but I quit OF, put the MacBook to sleep, and dragged it to work. An hour later I restarted OF on a whim, and up came my data.

Weird, but I'll take it.

Quote:
I got several alerts with the message "unable to lock document" and one that just said "alert".
I've been having the same experience today with build 92129.

Ah, that is the build I have.

It did behave for the rest of the day at work, but perhaps it's time to upgrade.