The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Persistent drop shadow Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, I am using OG Pro 5.1.1...

...and I have hidden a background element (a key to symbols that I don't want on the first page) under an opaque white shape whose outline ("Stroke") I have turned off in the Style Inspector. I have also turned off the drop shadow in the Style inspector, but I still see the invisible object's drop shadow. I have minimized the shadow, changed its color to white, etc. before unchecking it altogether, but it persists -- in Omnigraffle, in the exported .pdf, and in the printout of the .pdf.

Any suggestions as to how I can get rid of this?

Thanks in advance, R.M.

I'd suggest sending in the file to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com so we can take a better look at it. Seems rather puzzling.

What I didn't catch on to (until the Support Ninja pointed it out) was that the mysterious persistent drop shadow is being cast not by the invisible object but by the background object it was covering up. PEBCAK. Omnigraffle is blameless.