The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changing Inspector Locations w/ Applescript: OmniGraffle Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using a second display on my laptop and every time I unplug and then replug, all the open inspectors go to my laptop's monitor. I want to write a script to place the inspectors (Stencils, Styles, Colors, Fonts) at predefined locations on the second monitor. I know how to set a window's location with Applescript but I can't find these windows. Where in the OmniGraffle DOM are these windows located?

Cheers,
-chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwingrav View Post
Where in the OmniGraffle DOM are these windows located ?
They are not included in the application object model exposed to applescript.

Applescripting the System Events library might at least enable you to automate a menu bar operation.

It sounds, however, as if the OS X menu is on the laptop in your dual display arrangement. Perhaps it would work better to have the menu on the external monitor when that is connected (the inspectors should follow).

While the external monitor is connected, you can use the System Preferences > Displays dialog to drag the white menu bar over to the external monitor in the dual monitor layout display.

(The setting is a sticky one - the menu will revert to the external display whenever it is connected. This should mean, I think, that the inspectors will also revert to the external display).

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-05-06 at 02:50 PM..