The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescripting reference for OO3 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm new to Applescripting, and I'm trying to find a reference to the various capabilities that OO3 exposes through scripting. Is there a reference document online somewhere? I can't find any summary documentation. Alternatively, is there a way to view the OmniOutliner script library from within AppleScript Editor?

Thanks.

-Tim

One good place to start is downloading the Useful Scripts collection on the Extras page on the OmniOutliner product website. Read through them and you'll get a taste of some of the things you can do without too much trouble. Then come back here and read everything user RobTrew has posted on the OmniOutliner forum.

You can also open the OmniOutliner dictionary in the Applescript editor and look at the various objects and methods.

Thanks for the help. I'll start browsing those scripts. I don't know how I missed the option to open dictionaries from within AppleScript Editor. I swear I looked all over for that. Thanks again.

-Tim