The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to select all level n Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do I select all level 1 rows?
Without Pro?

Is this to apply a style to a row level? You can do that by opening the utility drawer and selecting the row level style from the bottom section.

If you want to actually select all rows of a certain level, that's not an option of standard or pro. You could use a script to do this though.

In OmniOutliner Pro 3.6.3, if I use the Styles View toolbar button and click any of the level icons that appear in the top right column, it selects all the rows of that level, so you can do it (in Pro, at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
In OmniOutliner Pro 3.6.3, if I use the Styles View toolbar button and click any of the level icons that appear in the top right column, it selects all the rows of that level, so you can do it (in Pro, at least).
Without Pro the Styles View doesn't have chits per level. The styles palette does, and clicking them seems to select all rows of that level, but there is no way to move the focus from the palette to the rows without destroying that selection. Hence I can't use the inspetors on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
If you want to actually select all rows of a certain level, that's not an option of standard or pro. You could use a script to do this though.
tell application "OmniOutliner"
tell front document
select (every row where level = 1)
end tell
end tell

Or, what I ultimately wanted:

set note expanded of every row where level = 1 to false

Your AppleScript support is bliss. I'm used to dictionaries where writing "every" is just asking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
That's actually selecting the style though, not the rows. Notice you can't do things like collapses the selected rows or toggle the note fields.

Fair enough. Didn't test it beyond clicking the style icon ;)