The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Embedding one outline in another Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I thought this was a great idea but it seems that when I do this, I end up with 2 copies of the outline.

The embedded one adds ".003" to its title, and updates when opened in OO and changed. The original one continues to exist in its location in the finder and can be updated if opened from the Finder. To avoid confusion I need to delete this copy, that is okay, but it is unexpected behavior.

Is this explained in the manual? another similar question was posted inthe forum back in 2006, http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...light=embedded, but never answered online.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-01-28 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: switched web address from the "html code" tag to the clickable "link" tag.

Yes, this is actually covered in the help! :) By default files will be embedded when you attach them. To alias files, drag the file in and hold down the control key before dropping it (but after you start dragging it). You'll see the alias symbol appear on the icon you're dragging.