The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW 5.5 no longer works with Web Confidential Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi guys :)

I should have reported this long ago, sorry. I've only just now found the time.

I've used Alco Blom's utilities, URL Manager Pro and Web Confidential, with Omniweb for some time now. They worked fine with the pre-5.5 versions.

UMP handles bookmarks, so will grab them from within OW, and WebC handles passwords, logins etc. It will supply them in a dialogue, floating on top of OW, and you can click on "Copy Password", "Copy Login" or "Copy Login and Password", and it inputs this data.

I prefer this, with some sensitive data (e.g. online banking), to having OW and the Keychain handle it. It mean this info only comes up if I have unlocked the WebC file (protected with Blowfish) and called for it.

Both UMP and WebC stopped working abruptly when the 5.5 testing version appeared. This was due to a lack of creator code. I wasn't the only person who reported this problem, and it was fixed. UMP then started working with OW.

However, Web Confidential never started working again. I can call up the floating windows on top of OW, I can hit the buttons, but nothing is input. This really slows me down with some sites. (I have to go back to the WebC file, copy the data manually, then return to OW and paste it in.)

Do you have any idea why this function is no longer working in 5.5? Does this relate to any existing bug?

I certainly hope it is fixed soon. :(

Why not just use Keychain and set the preference to always be prompted for the master keychain password for these specific passwords?

I use WebC for a lot of stuff, not only browsing. It's a main part of my workflow, and I really don't want to change it because my browser suddenly stopped working with it. Much as I love Omnweb, I'd rather change my browser.

Also, as someone just pointed out on the OW mailing list, Web C. handles multiple identities and complex data which OmniWeb can't. It's a dedicated confidential-information program, and does a great job.

So I'd really like to be able to use it again.

Last edited by Clytie; 2006-10-14 at 05:51 AM..

I'm another user who would dearly like to have Web Confidential working with OW again.

Peter

I did email Alco Blom about this problem, so we should have some more info. soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clytie
I did email Alco Blom about this problem, so we should have some more info. soon.

I'm not sure Alco can do much on his side about this issue. I suspect something was broken in OW at one point or another :-\

FYI, it is still broken in 5.5.1b1.

Hopefully he can tell us what's not working. He did this with the Sneaky Peaks, when the lack of creator code was disabling contact with both Web C. and URL Manager Pro. It does help Omni to have some idea of what isn't working, and should work.

Does it work with Safari and/or WebKit?