The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Accounting for work stoppage/strike Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a brand new user of Project Management software. I chose OmniPlan for is price (student version), and it's slick look.

My problem is I have a class project (400 level Project Management course) that I'm putting together that requires I account for the work stoppage due to a strike of 8 weeks (70% chance), or 12 weeks (30% chance) in duration. I've made seperate charts for each possibility, but I'd like to identify the Strike as a large, red stripe on the Gantt chart to quickly see why tasks during the timeframe had to be pushed.

My instructor has already been talking about "crashing" a project. I'm not yet clear on what "crashing" means, but he said it is a common term used in project management to denote, I believe, expedition of task or tasks in order to meet deadlines.

I've got an email into Omni with a copy of my Gantt chart, but I figured I'd try to find the answer here in the forum. So far, I haven't found anything related to my problem. This leads me to believe that it's possible to do what I need OmniPlan to do.

jzvogel

We have a feature request for the ability to denote a period of off time with a red mark over the gantt bars.

I have added a vote to this when you emailed us about this. :)

I need a similar function to this too. Whats the workaround for accounting for a developer being off sick?

Change the developer's work schedule, in the calendar view, just as you would for a vacation. This will tell OmniPlan to recalculate work assigned to the developer, but won't show a big red mark in the gantt chart.

Hi friends, I'm a graduate in history. But in future I have planned to make career on accountancy. I am just wondering that it might be so difficult. Is it really difficult? Can you give me some previews of what will be my life being an accountancy student? Please suggest about any job oriented course on accountancy which can help me. Thanks you.

IŽd like to vote for this feature too. It would be nice if planned project time absent (holidays) could be marked on the project Gantt, and unplanned individual resource absence (sick leave, strike) could be marked on the resource Gantt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iver-c View Post
IŽd like to vote for this feature too. It would be nice if planned project time absent (holidays) could be marked on the project Gantt, and unplanned individual resource absence (sick leave, strike) could be marked on the resource Gantt.
Vote added for you iver-c. :-)