The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drag a section and keep timing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've started using Omniplan and am having some challenges in moving things around for a starting plan.

I've just mapped out some top level tasks and groups.

What I'm trying to do is to simply drag-move a group of tasks from one start and finish timeframe to somewhere else in both the task order as well as timeframes.

I've tried selecting all the tasks and dragging them but this seems to muck up the timing and task durations. Add to this, when I try to 'Undo' the muck up, the entire program crashes out. Quite frustrating.

I know this must be a common function but I'm not able to currently find out how to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Martin

Make your selection of rows to be moved. Drag it to the right spot in the outline. That takes care of where you want it in the ordering, to a first approximation (you really ought to use dependancies to specify the required order). Without disturbing the selection, click and drag on one of the bars in the Gantt chart for the selection and drag it to the right date.

Hi Martin,

I had a similar issue happen to me:

For subproject A, I created a workflow (complete with dependencies). When attempting to copy subproject A into new subprojects (subproject B, C, D, E, F), I noticed that all of the dependencies would become mixed.

Instead of having 6 isolated subprojects, the dependencies somehow became tangled amongst all of the subprojects. I was surprised at this behavior because this did not happen to me in OmniPlan 1. Soooooooo, I exported and the subproject A file (as OmniPlan 1) and re-opened the file in OmniPlan 1. After a quick copy/paste, the subprojects were copied and the original dependencies were respected. I then saved the file in OP 1 and re-opened the file in OP 2.

Dependencies are still intact.

I expect to submit this as a bug sometime today/tomorrow.

Many blessings,

-Mo