The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why do I have to click twice on Perspectives? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I created some custom perspectives to aid me in my workflow but I'm finding that there is some residue with the perspectives I have saved and what shows up.

Right now I am having to click on a perspective toolbar icon shortcut twice in order for it to show properly. For example, if I'm on a screen that has an inbox, and then I click on my perspective "Daily Actions" the inbox follows. However if I click the shortcut again it goes to normal. Is this a feature in play which I'm not aware of?

Much thanks,
David

I'm guessing this has to do with the state of the "Restore: Selection" box for that perspective, but I've been unable to generate the two-click behavior you're describing with my own perspectives.

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the Perspectives window with that one selected in the sidebar?

(You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. Tap your Space key, click on the window you want to capture, and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.)

You can then use the paperclip button in the post editor to attach the screenshot to your post. That'll help us figure out what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.
With newer systems, it will be the more useful 'Screen shot <date> at <time>' so don't get too upset if you can't find 'Picture 1' :-)

Here you are!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 4.48.46 PM.png
Views:	694
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2321  

Yeah, I can reproduce that behavior, too. I haven't figured out how to do it with an out-of-the-box database, though.

David,

I'm intrigued by some of your perspectives. Are your Inbox: <foo> perspectives a subset of the Inbox, the Inbox + other structures, or other structures? Are you doing a two-level Inbox scheme of some sort?

That perspective looks pretty similar to one of my perspectives. (Project-mode, focused on a subset of my projects, same filter settings.)

I'm still not seeing the behavior in that perspective or in a new test one I set up. Maybe it has to do with what was selected/focused when you set up the perspective? Here are the steps I used:
  1. Select several projects in the Project-mode sidebar; do not select the Inbox.
  2. Select View -> Focus on <selected projects> from the menu bar.
  3. Select Perspective -> Save window as -> New Perspective from the menu bar.

Maybe my perspective-creation steps are different in a way that causes me to not tickle the bug?