The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recorded sound files inside of OOP3 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I made a two hour recording of a conversation on my MBA inside of OmniOutliner while I took notes. Getting that file out of OO3 easily has been a bit of pain.

I finally used the help of Garage Band to get it to a format that I could pass out besides the .mov format it is recorded in.

I could not open it or import it into iTunes or export it out of QuickTime.

Am I missing something?

Is there help coming for this ability in the OO4? .m4v would be cool enough.

You can change what compression it's using the Sound Capture tab of preferences to something that works better for you. MPEG-4 is an option. Let me know if you have any further questions about this. Thanks!

Bingo! Thanks for the tip!

It's easy enough to get that file into iTunes and out as MP3 or AIFF or whatever.

Select the OO3 file in the Finder. Right-click and select Show Package Contents. Drag the .mov file and drop onto the iTunes icon in the dock. Use Advanced->Create <type> Version in iTunes to make a file of type <type>, after setting the Import preferences accordingly.

Should also have been able to open it in QuickTime by similar means, though I didn't see any way that you could export it with the standard version of QuickTime.

The file would not import into iTunes. It claimed it was corrupt or not valid.

Interesting, wonder why it didn't work for you. I made a recording of 2 hours duration just now, and the steps I outlined brought it into iTunes without incident. I'm running OOP 3.10.3, iTunes 10.5 (141), Mac OS X 10.6.8, and the default settings for sound capture in OOP.

I am on Lion.

Sounds like yet another reason to hold off on the upgrade!