The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

invoke perspective via quicksilver or launchbar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to invoke a perspective via quicksilver or launchbar?

Thanks,
Steve

You can open perspective using an omnifocus URLs, like so:
omnifocus:///perspective/Inbox
omnifocus:///perspective/Due
I believe both Quicksilver and LaunchBar can open URLs directly? (I've used both for years, but I only ever use them to open apps, not files/URLs/etc.)

If not, you can drag the above links (or create your own which reference other perspectives) from your browser to your Desktop (or some other folder), then use Quicksilver or LaunchBar to open the resulting files.

Hope this helps!

Ken, I think this will work quite well. Thanks for the tip! Do you need to remove spaces from the perspective so that the URL will work correctly? For example, does On Hold need to be OnHold or on_hold?

Thanks,
Steve

Don't know how useful it is, but substituting %20 for each space works. For example, omnifocus:///perspective/On%20Hold

I've found a little workaround, which I posted here:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4674