The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus not syncing; hanging; not starting; etc Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Can anyone help with this?

I've got OmniFocus on a desktop and an iPhone, with a local WebDav server setup (as per their instructions). Everything was working pretty good for quite a while UNTIL....

I got a recent update. Noticed that the iPhone sync was never completing. Then noticed that the sync on OmniFocus was trying to sync, but never seemed to start. Had to force quit OmniFocus, but then it would never restart (would just hang, gobbling up CPU).

Suspected that the DB was corrupt, so used Time Machine to pull one forward from a day or two ago. I also deleted the file from the WebDav area. OmniFocus started fine, and synced to WebDav fine. ONCE...

The second time I try to sync, the sync operation goes ALMOST to completion, then hangs. After that, I'm completely screwed again. I have to force quite OmniFocus, but then it won't restart again, and I have to recover the DB again.

Any suggestions? Weird voodoo magic incantations to do?