The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Undo on iPhone OF app Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was looking at my Today list in the Forecast view on the iPhone. I checked off three items, but there was a lag, so I re-pressed one action and accidentally checked off the fourth item, which wasn't done.

Is there a way to undo a checked item on the iPhone? I tried the phone shake, but that didn't seem to do it.

I was near my laptop, so I went into OF Desktop and re-enabled it there. Just wondering if there an easy while on the go, incase I wasn't at home at the time.

Thanks

OmniFocus for iPhone does support iOS' "shake to undo" shortcut.

(In my experience, the phone sometimes requires a pretty exaggerated shake before it registers, but I have that problem in multiple apps.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harringg View Post
I was looking at my Today list in the Forecast view on the iPhone. I checked off three items, but there was a lag, so I re-pressed one action and accidentally checked off the fourth item, which wasn't done.

Is there a way to undo a checked item on the iPhone? I tried the phone shake, but that didn't seem to do it.

I was near my laptop, so I went into OF Desktop and re-enabled it there. Just wondering if there an easy while on the go, incase I wasn't at home at the time.
Thanks
I don't use the iphone version that much, but have had this issue on the iPad and the undo function is really useful as you don't always know what you accidentally checked off as completed.

Every time I undo something on the iPad I feel like I'm a kid again clearing out my Etch A Sketch! I wish Apple had devised a better way to undo the iPad other than to shake it.

At least for OmniFocus on the iPad, there is an Undo button...(I do realize this is the iPhone forum, but the last few posts are talking about the iPad!)

This seems to be a usability problem: you tap something as complete and it disappears almost instantly. If you tapped by accident or didn't happen to be paying close attention, you could miss this animation and not realize what's going on. (This is one of the reasons I like that the Mac version keeps items on screen until you clean it up. Plus, it's satisfying to see the things you've checked off.)

One way to deal with this would be to keep completed items on screen for a bit longer. This would give users the ability to un-check an item by re-tapping on the checkbox (which, granted, may not fully undo the consequences of checking it off), or to see what exactly they've done before shaking to undo.

Even adding a 2-5 second delay between showing that the item is checked off and removing it from the table view would be helpful.

Put enough stuff in OmniFocus and no additional delay is required, you get it whether you want it or not! I can see it now: in-app purchases for a few thousand dummy actions :-)

I think the iOS applications should behave like the Mac OS X application and require a change to a different view before automatically doing a "Clean Up" on finished actions.

I'm certain I've lost Next Actions to an errant tap or click. I routinely use OmniFocus on mass transit or one the run, instantly vanishing Next Actions is bad form imo.