The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any way to not display unread badge in dock icon? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there everybody,

First of all, I love OmniWeb. It is my absolute browser of choice and I recommend it to everyone who even has a Mac.

My question though; is it possible to get rid of the 'Unread RSS Headlines' badge in the dock icon without actually removing the feed? I like having 'Latest Headlines' in my bookmarks (like Firefox does right out of the box) but would like to check them occasionally and not be reminded every time I'm behind on my news.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

-Sam

According to the OmniWeb 5.0 Complete Defaults List:

ShowUpdatedBookmarksInDockIcon: Enables the display of the number of unviewed bookmarks as a badge on the application's dock icon, and the corresponding popup menu of unviewed bookmarks.

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 ShowUpdatedBookmarksInDockIcon -bool false

Thank you Omni! Always to the rescue! Worked great.

-Sam