The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How can I import an SVG file? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know how to import an SVG file?

I know OG exports an SVG, but will it import one anytime soon?

Helllllppppp!

Best route at the moment would be to get the SVG file into another format, like PDF (since you can print to PDF from most any application).

Directly importing SVG is something that we do want to do, it just didn't make the cut for version 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Best route at the moment would be to get the SVG file into another format, like PDF (since you can print to PDF from most any application).
but then, what is the point of importing ? do you parse the pdf file to get the boxes and lines ?? or will it display a simple image of the pdf ?

Barth

If you place a PDF, you get it as an image, but by directly opening the PDF OmniGraffle will parse the format and you can make edits, etc.