The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Open Blank Tab Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way (in OW 5.5b1) to open a new tab with a blank window instead of the start page? The only way I've been able to do this is by setting the start page to blank, but I'd rather have a page load on start and any time I cmd+T, a new blank page would open.

Thanks,
Brad

Instead of creating a new tab before entering a URL and getting stuck waiting for the start page to load when you don't need it, I recommend using the address bar of the existing tab to enter the desired URL and then pressing Command+T to open it in a new tab, or Shift+Command+T to open it in a new tab and go to it immediately.

For some reason I can't get either option to work. If I type the url and hit cmd+T I get a new tab with the start page in it. If I do the same thing with cmd+shift+T, nothing happens.

I appreciate your help.
Brad

I think Earthsaver meant Command-Return and Shift-Command-Return.

Another option you could try.

Create a workspace snapshot that only contains the page you'd like to start with

Then set the start page preference to blank.

Now, when you launch OmniWeb and load that workspace you'll see that page, if you create a new window or tab it will be blank.

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions.

Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
I think Earthsaver meant Command-Return and Shift-Command-Return.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.