The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Within the next week' label confusing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When sorting your actions by due date, one of the available groups is 'within the next week'. Maybe this is a language thing (I'm Dutch), but I would expect this to contain only the issues for next (work-)week, not for this one. Currently I think the group treats all issues 'during the next seven days' as 'within the next week'.

It would make more sense to me personally to split this up in two groups: 'This week' (being the current work week) and 'Next week' (being the next work week). This would make it easier to monitor the relevant issues for me.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,

Bart

That's come up before. "Within the next week" means within the next 7 days (omitting Today and Tomorrow, which get their own groups).

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartv View Post
Maybe this is a language thing (I'm Dutch)
Brother!

Yes, the use of "next" is tricky (and probably often ambiguous) in English. I still haven't figure out whether on Friday "next monday" refers to 3 or 10 days from now. Along the interstates you sometimes see a sign telling you where "This exit" goes to, and sometimes "Next exit", and they both mean the same, whereas I think "this monday" and "next monday" are two different days.

Anyway, "within the next week" is not "volgende week" but "binnen een week van nu".

Victor.