The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

1.1 Interface issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm getting a bit frustrated with the OF interface. Please note that these comments relate to use on a 15" MacBook Pro; I'm sure the experience is much different on a large screen.

1) I hate inspectors. On a small screen there's never anywhere convenient to put them, and depending on what you're doing, they're always in the way and have to be moved.

Much better IMHO would be an info pane, either as a side bar or a bottom bar. For the best of both worlds, how about making the inspector dock-able so I can fix it wherever I like.

2) Fixed - I've just worked out how to get perspectives onto the toolbar. It'd be nice if I could just drag them there from the perspectives pallet, which is what I was trying to do. Why are they drag-able if I can't put them anywhere?

3) I can set icons for perspectives, but not for contexts? This is kind of worse still because most of the default icons available for perspectives would relate better to contexts, such as a laptop, a car, a home, a shopping bag etc.

4) I'd like the side bar to be customisable. Most "urgent" would be the ability to sort it, for example to get my projects in alphabetical order in planning mode, but it'd also be good if I could drag things like perspectives to it. i.e. more like a proper source bar.

5) Related to 2, if I click on a perspective in the toolbar, the button indents so I can see where I am, and the perspective name appears in the title bar - good so far. But if I then change the view, or even EVERYTHING, it still claims I'm in that perspective, which I'm not of course. I can even click the same (still indented) button and go back to the perspective, so it obviously knows I'm not already there. I'd almost class this as a bug rather than a feature request.

Mark