The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can you run Standard with a Pro License? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

This is probably a weird request, but here goes...

I'm looking to upgrade from Omnigraffle 4 (standard) to Omnigraffle 5 (pro), but would like to also have a copy of Omnigraffle 5 (standard) so I can compare the features on a running copy of the program rather than relying on the comparison chart on the web site.

Is it possible to have both the standard and pro versions together? I guess in theory I could buy an upgrade from Omnigraffle 4 standard to Omnigraffle 5 standard, and then upgrade again to Omnigraffle 5 -- but it'd be easier if I could just do the one upgrade.

Does anybody know if you can use a "pro" license with the "standard" version, or do you need two separate licenses?

Thanks,

- Erik.

They are two separate applications so you can run them side by side, however you will need a license key for both, I'm afraid.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. So they're treated as completely separate applications as far as licenses go. That makes sense...I was just being hopeful.

No matter -- the upgrade pricing means I can first upgrade from OG4 standard to OG5 standard, and then from OG5 standard to OG5 pro, without spending any extra money, and still end up with the two licenses I was looking for.