The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing One MacBook, multiple networks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Another noobie question. I suspect I know the answer, and I probably won't like it, but here goes. I have OmniFocus on my MacBook and on my iPhone. The MacBook travels with me to work, and on my travels. At home, I can sync iPhone and MacBook with Bonjour. Anywhere else and nothing happens. The real issue is when I am travelling for extended periods on business. By the end of a trip, my MacBook and my iPhone bear little resemblance to each other! By which you can gather that I use OmniFocus a lot and, aside from this more than minor but less than major inconvenience, really like it.

The answer I suspect I am going to get is MobileMe (although many of the threads seem to suggest that there are problems with that as well). Are there any other solutions out there??

If you take a look at the "Creating a computer-to-computer network" topic under the Help menu, you should be able to use those steps to connect your MacBook and iPhone directly and sync them, even while traveling.

If that doesn't work for your purposes, you can set up an account with one of the organizations in this thread. You can use the services they provide in the same way you'd use an iDisk to sync when you're on the road, but at less cost.

Do either of those options help?

Last edited by Brian; 2009-08-20 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: clarify language