The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Version 2.0 Release Plan / Features? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any information you have about the next version and what features will be in that version... or what features have been requested? I see from some posts that there is some feature request tracker but is that publicly available?

I know you don't always want to put this out bc then you get people saying, "why didn't you include this feature?" (i.e. push email notification anyone). However, it would be nice to have some idea, at least a general release schedule so I know when to look for an update.

Thanks,
-chad

I have the same questions. We have multiple licenses of OmniPlan and are wondering what the 2.0 feature will be.

We are watching project wizards Merlin v2.7 gain iPhone integration, central plan storage and collaboration, and we are feeling like OmniPlan is falling behind in functionality.

Any news of features and timelines would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslade View Post
I have the same questions. We have multiple licenses of OmniPlan and are wondering what the 2.0 feature will be.

We are watching project wizards Merlin v2.7 gain iPhone integration, central plan storage and collaboration, and we are feeling like OmniPlan is falling behind in functionality.

Any news of features and timelines would be much appreciated.
He asked, a year ago. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitrano View Post
He asked, a year ago. ;)
So did I. Your point?

We're aiming for ship of OmniPlan 2.0 "mid year 2010", and can't really comment on unannounced products, although I think the particular people asking here will be happy with the feature set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Titus View Post
We're aiming for ship of OmniPlan 2.0 "mid year 2010", and can't really comment on unannounced products, although I think the particular people asking here will be happy with the feature set.
Sounds nice! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Titus View Post
Tossing up between Merlin and OmniPlan and suspect that I might make a different decision after the 2.x release (I love OmniGraffle and the Omni products in general but it's a bit lightweight for what I have in mind)... "mid year 2010" could be as early as next month or as late as 4-6 months from now.

Will there be a beta any time soon?

Sam