The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Indication of available items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To organize my to-dos I have folders within folders which then may have different projects, of which some may not have any pending actions currently although not yet completed.
Such "empty" projects are included on the number of available item of the folder, furthermore a project with let's say 2 available otems in it will count for 3 items in the indicator for the folder

I would prefer if the number of available item for a folder would shor only actions and the count would exclude projets
Especially with empty projects (no available actions) it would be much better
Currently E.g. I see 3 items available and the I find out that all three are idle projects with no active action

If we made empty projects inactive, a project you said you wanted to complete could disappear off your radar screen entirely and get overlooked.

That seems bad - I'd prefer to see something too frequently, rather than not frequently enough. The former is a minor irritation, but the latter can incur real-world consequences, like angry emails to the authors of the software that they're using, which they blame for the deadline that got missed. ;-)

In any case, if you'd like to get those projects off your active list temporarily, my suggestion would be to add a start date in the fairly short term - "friday", "next week", etc. That gets 'em off your active list for a while, but ensures that they don't stay that way too long, either.

Does that help?

Another way of looking at this is that the project isn't actually empty; there is an implicit action yet to be done, which is to either mark the project complete or add some more actions.