The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Checklist Setup Best Practices Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello Omnigroup community.

I am new to the forum and to OF and I am in the process of setting up my preliminary workflow.

I have read through the forums to see how members are dealing with checklists. Based on my review, I understand the following to be true (please correct me if I am wrong):

1. Checklist functionality does not exist in an elegant way in the current version.
2. A need exists for daily/recurring checklists that refresh as necessary, but that do not clutter one's workflow. A need also exists for non-recurring and other ad-hoc checklists like Travel, Groceries, etc.
3. One solution is to make a single action list and either designate it "on-hold" or "dropped", then duplicate as necessary and make it current.
4. Another solution is to use Curt Clifton's template software either in OF or OO.
5. Abh19 suggested in a post a method of setting up a daily checklist that refreshes automatically each day.

Please let me know what current best practices are for recurring & non-recurring checklists within the OF platform. If necessary, could use OmniOutliner, but not sure if that makes sense for me to incorporate into my workflow.

I am currently leaning to method 3 using "on hold" as I don't fully understand the benefit of marking it "dropped."

Thank you for your help,
gtdwannabe

Last edited by gtdwannabe; 2010-11-11 at 11:29 AM..

I have a recurring daily project with actions, and a separate project with recurring action for tasks which happen less frequently than once a day

could you be more specific?
thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelchi View Post
could you be more specific?
thanks...
Who do you want to be more specific?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffAirey View Post
Who do you want to be more specific?
you, sorry...
perhaps you can give us an image!