The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick entry and indication of inbox items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!

When I launch the quick entry, I see a message that "You have 26 inbox items". Problem is, I only have 2 inbox items (at this point of writing).

How does Omnifocus count these inbox items?

Use the All Items perspective to view your actions, and have a look at what shows up in the Inbox section at the top there. It's possible you've changed your view bar settings to not show you everything that is in the Inbox. If you still see a different number than reported, call up the support ninjas and have them take a look with you. 800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, M-F 10-5 in Seattle.

Thanks. I had some done items in the inbox which obviously are hidden in my Inbox perspective, but counts up in the quick entry info.

I noticed the same thing today. It's due to the fact that sometimes I finish some tasks while they're still in the Inbox. It would make more sense to me for the count to exclude completed tasks. It's a pain to go have to back and assign projects to completed inbox tasks.

Quote:
It's a pain to go have to back and assign projects to completed inbox tasks.
If you don't need a project assigned to these tasks, do you need a record of them at all? If not, delete them from the Inbox when they are done instead of marking them complete. I'll often do this even with tasks that are in a project/single action list when I don't need a 'paper trail' of the task. It keeps the database leaner/cleaner, and I don't need to look at irrelevant, completed tasks in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
If you don't need a project assigned to these tasks, do you need a record of them at all? If not, delete them from the Inbox when they are done instead of marking them complete. I'll often do this even with tasks that are in a project/single action list when I don't need a 'paper trail' of the task. It keeps the database leaner/cleaner, and I don't need to look at irrelevant, completed tasks in the future.
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=23227

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgian85 View Post
What's your question or point here?

@whpalmer4 - In that thread you wrote the following, which I think is a great solution to be listed in this thread :)

Quote:
Do you also use the Mac version? If so, open the preferences (on the Mac) and make sure you have "Clean Up completed inbox items" checked.