The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Set Due date=today with Applscript? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I could really use some help....I'd like to modify this line to set the task duedate = today

parse tasks with transport text theText as single task singleTask

Thanks,

james

I think all you need to do is insert
Code:
with properties {start date:current date}
at the end of the line, but my applescript is kinda rusty. If that doesn't work, give us a link to the script you're tring to modify and folks can probably be of more assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I think all you need to do is insert
Code:
with properties {start date:current date}
at the end of the line, but my applescript is kinda rusty. If that doesn't work, give us a link to the script you're tring to modify and folks can probably be of more assistance.
I have a similar question. I schedule tasks based on a per-day granularity, so my "Default Time for Due Dates" is set to 11:59pm, not 12:00am. Therefore, when I set a task to due "today", it is really due within that calendar day, and not automatically overdue.

So, I want my applescript to do the right thing, which is to set a task due "today", which respects the "Default Time for Due Dates". "current date" gets you the current date and time, not the "today" value.