The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Update downloaded in iTunes but isn't on iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
iTunes just informed me that there was an update for OF. It automatically downloaded the update in iTunes along with some updates for some other applications I have purchased. After syncing, under release notes in Omnifocus on the iPhone, it still says 1.0 - July 11, 2008. It looks the downloaded update was not applied. iTunes now says there are no available updates. Have I done something wrong?

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the settings window, does it say "OmniFocus 1.0.1"?

You didn't do anything wrong, but perhaps something didn't go as expected. Whether that's on our end, Apple's end, or just gremlins, I'm not sure.

Check this thread tomorrow, once some other folks have had a chance to chime in, and some folks here more knowledgeable than I have had a chance to check things out.

Both iPhone & iTunes show: 1.0 v77.4.3.0.102457

I restored my iTunes library to before the update, downloaded it again, and same thing. For whatever reason, it seems iTunes thinks the new file it downloaded is the same as the old version and doesn't try to do sync it to the iPhone. The other iPhone applications seem to have updated just fine.

As of 8:23EST on July 17, I'm not seeing any updates for OF iPhone in iTunes or the App Store. I find it interesting that you're seeing an update push.

As of 8:28 Central time. The only update I see is for CroMag Rally, but that is certainly not going to help me Get Things Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
As of 8:23EST on July 17, I'm not seeing any updates for OF iPhone in iTunes or the App Store. I find it interesting that you're seeing an update push.
Not a push, but a pull. In iTunes:

Library->Applications->Check for update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampico View Post
In iTunes: Library->Applications->Check for update
Yep, I did a Check for Updates there, and iTunes says everything is up to date for me. I'm on OF iPhone 1.0: v77.4.3.0.102457

It's now 8:2x in Mountain Time. Anybody? :-]

Nothing here yet, either.

BTW, this site has RSS feeds for new and updated iPhone apps added to the iTunes store:

http://www.pinchmedia.com/