The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Toolbar Hot Keys Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to get the toolbar hotkeys (v), (c), etc. to work like the number keys (1), (2), etc. ? I guess I could just use the digits, but I am used to the idea of clicking (v) and having the select tool selected persistently. The toolbar hotkeys unfortunately seem to only work while holding them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Starr
Is there a way to get the toolbar hotkeys (v), (c), etc. to work like the number keys (1), (2), etc. ? I guess I could just use the digits, but I am used to the idea of clicking (v) and having the select tool selected persistently. The toolbar hotkeys unfortunately seem to only work while holding them down.
Just a quick followup - I see the benefit of momentary access to the toolbar functions, but it would be nice if it weren't necessary to memorize both number and letter shortcuts for the same items. If I could re-assign the 1, 2, 3 keys to, perhaps, Shift-V, Shift-C, etc, - that would be nice.

ya, this drives me nuts. mainly because it's different than the adobe suite which I use all day long. is there a workaround?