The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan File Won't Open... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everybody,

I have an file that refuses to open. I am updated to the latest version of the software on Mountain Lion. Does anybody have a clue about how I might go about recovering this file? Thanks.

Is there an error message when you try to open this file? Could you email us the file at omniplan@omnigroup.com?

Hi Skwirl,
My problem is solved, so I am posting my solution here just for future reference - it won't work for most others. Safari on Mountain Lion has huge issues and under certain conditions freezes my entire computer. It forced me to reboot; when I tried to open my OmniPlan file, it point blank refused to do so, under any conditions. Installing a new copy of the application wouldn't do it. Deleting all support files wouldn't either. I had a copy of the file mirrored onto a work machine at another location - and it opened there! Saving as another file name, I was then able to open it on a fresh install of OmniPlan. Beats me why these issues occurred, but that's how it worked for me.