The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Should Inspector.... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a project selected. I want to set the Review date. But the Inspector is gray, in fact for all choices: action, group, project and context. Should the Inspector appear this way?

I imagine the answer is simple, but I cannot see what makes it do this.

I see no mention of this either in the Forum or Help documentation.

Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.

I've seen some funny behavior on occasion where the inspector wouldn't respond or seemed to be tied to a different window's selection. Never been able to figure out a pattern to how it gets this way. Usually closing the inspector and selecting something else, then reopening the inspector gets it straightened out. Now and then I have to close the window as well. I'm not going to hold my breath while they reproduce and fix it! I'd estimate it happens maybe once or twice a month to me, if that.

The only time I have seen this is when I thought I had a project selected in the view when in fact the focus was on a folder.

I've submitted a bug report about similar behaviour. I've had a project selected and the window menu has shown the frontmost window (visually to me) is in fact the frontmost window by having a tick next to the window name and it's still had details in the inspector of a project selected in another window. I can't fathom any reason for this happening and normally a restart of the app fixes it.