The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF not syncing action completion status via iCal to Palm Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am having problems syncing the completion status of actions via iCal / MissingSync to my Palm Treo 680.

If I flag an action as complete in OF, then sync with iCal, the corresponding task is shown as complete (with completion date today). However, when I then use MissingSync to sync to my Palm, the completion status doesn't change on the Palm - the Palm task is still shown not completed.

By setting the Data Change Alert in iSync to appear when any data is changed, I have determined that the following metadata is changed by OF:

Completion Date: from 'none' to '09/08/2008'

This is shown in iCal as completed on '09/08/2008', but the completion status will not be updated after syncing to the Treo.

If I now take an incomplete task in iCal, that was previously added by OF and successfully synced to my Treo, then check the task as completed *in iCal*, the following metadata is changed by iCal:

Completion Date: from 'none' to '09/08/2008'

When next synced to the Treo, the Treo shows this task has been completed.

Are others experiencing similar issues, or is this a known issue with OF / MissingSync interop?

Current versions:
OF 1.0.3 (v77.1.9.0.102601)
Leopard: v10.5.4
Missing Sync: v6.0.3, also experienced with v6.0.4 update

I have filed a new bug report for this. Thanks for the detailed description and diagnosis.

Thanks - as a short-term workaround, I have discovered that if you go to the OmniFocus Sync preferences pages and uncheck 'Add completed actions to calendars', the completion of actions in OF causes the iCal To-do to be deleted, rather than completed. This means it is removed from the Palm when next sync'd

Apparently this is a limitation/known issue with Missing Sync.