The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Some examples Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone,
I have recently discovered Omnioutliner and Omnifocus, OF is proving great and am organising all those little tasks into some form of projects!

But Outliner I have used for brainstorming and just getting things down digitally, I wondered what other people use it for? I would be interested in ideas for other uses that I could apply.

Thanks

Alan

I have a template that contains all of the vocabulary words my son is supposed to know. The first column (with the main checkboxes) has the words. There's a second column, of checkbox variety, as well. I use the Keep Organized feature to first sort by the first column, then by the second. Our daily drill sessions involve me opening a new file from the template, unchecking everything in the first column, and then quizzing him on each word. When we do a word, I check it off in the first column to signify that we've done it, and in the second column if he made a mistake. When all the words have been moved to the bottom, I run through the ones with a check mark in the second column again as a review, then save a copy of the file for my records, uncheck the main column and resave the file as a new template for next time. I'll freely admit that this is a case of having a new hammer making everything look like a nail, but I like watching the rows scoot around with the Keep Organized feature turned on :-)

Have you looked a the collection of sample files available on the OmniOutliner product page?

Thanks for the reply, thats sounds like a quick way of doing it! I will take a look at the examples, from memory they were about writing a book or something.

I amy look at the template feature, I have to be honest I didn't realise I could create templates!

Alan