The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Synching to multiple Omnifocus files on iPad? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is Omnifocus 2 on Beta right now? Will it also have the multi-user capability of OmniPlan 2?

How about synching? Can I sync one Omnifocus file to OmniServer and another file to WebDAV using the above approach?

Also, I need to have my personal Omnifocus and the business Omnifocus files on the same iPad. Is switching even possible with the iOS app?

Last edited by Omnifocuser; 2011-08-18 at 10:37 PM..

On top of my personal Omnifocus file, I need to have access to the company Omnifocus file when on the road via iPad.

Is "switching" a possibility on the iPad? If not, how about synching one file via OmniServer, and another via Mobileme or WebDAV?

And last but not least, OmniGroup, when are YOU releasing Omnifocus 2 that would potentially support multiple users with different security levels so this type of "multiple file access" is no longer required?

We have an existing feature request open syncing to multiple servers, but there are other requests which customers want more urgently. With the metric for urgency being "the number of customers who have sent in the request".

For the more general case of multi-user workflows, it's something we're interested in, but we don't have an ETA. Not a simple feature to implement, as I'm sure you can imagine. :-)

Please don't post the same content to multiple threads in order to try and attract attention. It adds clutter and makes the forums less useful for other visitors. Merged the posts into a single thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We have an existing feature request open syncing to multiple servers, but there are other requests which customers want more urgently. With the metric for urgency being "the number of customers who have sent in the request".

For the more general case of multi-user workflows, it's something we're interested in, but we don't have an ETA. Not a simple feature to implement, as I'm sure you can imagine. :-)
Hi Brian, thx for response, it's good to know that at least you're looking into implementing multi-user workflows. I am not familiar with Omniplan, but it seems the target for multi-user workflow has been achieved?! I seem to have read from OmniPlan's release somewhere, it's possible to assign tasks to different users on Omnifocus already? Is this true?

Does this mean we are almost there? I know you don't have an ETA, but just curious if we are looking at a few weeks, months, or next year?

Omnifocus is really the best GTD tool available right now, I would hate to have to switch to a more inferior or other platforms just to be able to handle "multi-user" workflows.

Please enlight.

OmniFocus and OmniPlan both attempt to make people more productive, but they approach the problem in different ways.

OmniFocus is designed to help one person remember the various things they need to do and to simplify the process of deciding what to do next in any given moment, taking into account the resources you have available to you at that time. ("Resouces" could be a phone, for example, or a certain person you need to talk to.)

By contrast, OmniPlan is designed to help someone manage and coordinate the efforts of a team of people working on a common goal. It helps you balance tasks between people; It would help you ensure that Alice doesn't end up with five weeks' worth of work to do in the next month while Bob has a solid week in the month with nothing to work on.

The work we're doing towards getting OmniPlan and OmniFocus talking to each other is going to help folks doing what you're trying to do. We know we're going to add the feature, but we don't have an ETA we can give you. (As in, we don't actually know how long it'll take, so we don't want to give you a date that's likely going to be wrong.) Hope this helps!