The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I want to focus on multiple contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have just done a major sweep of my omnifocus document and have everything nicely grouped into projects and contexts.

I would like to make a perspective for when I'm sat at my computer in the hotel room in the morning.
I imagined that I'd be able to do this by selecting all of the contexts relevant in this situation, ie: @online, @email, @phone, @UKofficeHours.

I had expected I could just press the Focus button and then save a perspective, as I can in the projects view when I select multiple projects and then focus on only them.

Focus is greyed out in the contexts view though.
I've paused all my @home contexts, but I'd like to *not* see my active stuff that I still use whilst travelling (@gig, @shopping etc) in this perspective.

Any ninjas know how I can set this up?
Apologies if this is RTFM-basic....
M.

It looks like focus only works on projects, not on contexts.

Nonetheless, it's easy to only show stuff in contexts you care about.

Just multi-select them in the left pane (click first context, then command-click the rest). Once you have them selected that's all you will see on the right, and save it as a perspective.

You'll still see the other contexts at left, but you won't see any items that are contained within them.

Ah yes, that'll do it!

Might still pop "focus for contexts" in as a feature request.