The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniDazzle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cutout and zoom incredibly slow! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I activate the cutout or zoom tool, there's such a significant cursor lag that it's basically unusable.

I have a Mac Pro with 10 GB of RAM, so there should be plenty of power. I do use a Wacom tablet. Could that be the problem?

I've isolated the problem: it's the Wacom tablet. OmniDazzle works perfectly well on my MacBook, and on my Mac Pro as long as I use the mouse. For some reason the cursor lags terribly with the Wacom tablet.

Any solutions?

No solution, but I am curious about what happens if you try using the tablet with the MacBook...

Probably best not to get your hopes up that this is going to be fixed any time soon if doing so requires a new version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
No solution, but I am curious about what happens if you try using the tablet with the MacBook...

Probably best not to get your hopes up that this is going to be fixed any time soon if doing so requires a new version!
I had the same thought. So I plugged the tablet into the MacBook. The cursor is pretty erratic, b/c the MB doesn't have a Wacom driver installed. However, there is no cursor lag.

Must be a conflict between the Wacom driver and OmniDazzle. Bummer.