The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any way to set up Alerts/Reminders? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to set up alerts/reminders in OF? I'm not talking about due date reminders....I'm talking about reminding me to revisit an action on a specific date. Does anyone know of any solutions?

Sure, put in an action that says "revisit <X>" for appropriate value of X. You can put a link in the notes field that will take you there. To do so, select the target action or project, Edit->Copy As Link and paste into the notes field of the reminder. Set start and due date to cause it to reappear when desired. Or, if you want active harassment, use your calendar program and store the copied link there. Pasting the link into a web browser and opening it will take you to the target; in some programs you will be able to click on the link directly.

Even simpler may be to just change start and due date on the item to be revisited.

Wouldn't Review mode be a good way to do this? In the Action Inspector you can set the next review time. You probably need to set the default review period to something large to 'move' everything else out of the way.

Using the notes field precludes the use of a button in the button bar at the top. You can also not search for a time period to revisit (or you need to have vague revisit dates, like 'Revisit: november', or 'Revisit: weekly meeting').

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHibma View Post
Wouldn't Review mode be a good way to do this? In the Action Inspector you can set the next review time. You probably need to set the default review period to something large to 'move' everything else out of the way.

Using the notes field precludes the use of a button in the button bar at the top. You can also not search for a time period to revisit (or you need to have vague revisit dates, like 'Revisit: november', or 'Revisit: weekly meeting').
I know what you mean....but when you're not in the habit of reviewing that way, it's easy to overlook. Is there any way to set it up as an alert? So say I just want to receive an alert for one action item? Can I set that review dat for a certain day/time and receive a notification just for that one item?