The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time estimates on iPad? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to set time estimates on iPad, and filter tasks by time estimate? Basically, if I know I have a 30 minute block of time, I want to only look at tasks that can be done in that block or less.

Not currently possible to set or directly display the estimate field on the iPad, although if you have a Mac running OmniFocus, you can make a context mode perspective that sorts or filters based on it and sync that perspective to the iPad. Use the Contact Omni menu item to send in your request for more fully-featured support of the estimate field.

Thanks for the response! I will try the suggestion you made, and I've also sent a feedback email. Thanks for the help!

I too would like to be able to set estimates in the iPad app.

I like to leave my office and go to a park or some other place with no internet access and do my planning and review. OmniFocus for iPad is simply great for this. Time estimation is a central part of the way I learned to implement GTD and I hope you can add it soon to the iPad client.

I've sent a request to tech support and suggest others do the same.

Thanks for making some if the most important software in my life.