The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniPlan Cloning Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am working on a Project Management solution for a client. OmniPlan is very useful for this. One of the features I am looking for is the ability to 'clone' a task (with numerous subtasks) and repeat it in numerous locations. It is not a repeating function I am looking for, but a cloning function. My client is doing destructive testing on construction. He is performing the same type of tests at numerous locations, some of them concurrently. As the testing progresses, there are changes to the procedure. I would like to be able to provide my client with a 'master task' that can be replicated as many times as necessary while being able to change the master task (by adding or changing a subtask or change durations) and have it be reflected in the existing 'cloned' or 'aliased' tasks throughout the project.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions?

Thanks!

The requirement that the existing cloned copies track the changes made to the original makes this a challenge...

Reminds me of distributed version control (DVC) where this is possible (at least in Mercurial): Copy a file using the DVC will keep track of this relationship and push any changes in the source file upstream into the copy.