The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF 1.7 Perspective Problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Besides the problems with loading 1.6.1 perspectives, documented here, there are several other issues with perspectives in 1.7, sneaky peek 117140:
  • There no longer seems to be any UI to control whether a perspective open in a new window or the current window by default. Perspectives from 1.6.1 remember that setting, but I don't see a way to change it.
  • The presence of the View Bar and side bar in a perspective are not remembered from 1.6.1. Resetting those, then saving the window back to the perspective, seems to get 1.7 to remember them, though not consistently.
  • Perspectives no longer remember the expand/collapse state of grouping headers, even with the Restore Expansion box checked. This renders my Tickler perspective worthless.

(All submitted by Help → Send Feedback.)

Given the number of changes in this area, it's probably one place where testers can provide lots of good feedback. What other issues with perspectives have folks found?

Curt