The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.11 Sneaky Peeks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Disabling Perian gets me the HTML 5 version (no Flash) in both OW and Safari. What I haven't been able to figure out is if the served file is the same.

Its possible the problem is in their detection JavaScript, but I have set a site preference for vimeo.com for OW to use a Safari user agent. I assume that would apply to the loaded iframe?

Hi Axxel, did you have any luck with any of this? If you've set a site preference for vimeo, that should also apply to the iframe on that page.

Yes, I found a workaround, though the underlying issue is unexplained.

If I set a site preference for vimeo.com to identify as Safari 4, the iframe video plays back in Flash (confirmed with the context menu containing Flash related menu items).

On the other hand, a site preference for Vimeo identifying as OmniWeb or Safari 5 results in what appears to be HTML 5 video. In that case OmniWeb still selects the Perian as the codec instead of whatever Safari 5 uses. Still not clear why that would occur.

Still have this weird problem with Tab selection/focus where a link is command clicked or a link that opens a new tab. The current Tab focus jumps to a Tab at the bottom of the list. The original viewed Tab has a blue border but the second last Tab in the list is fully blue indicating it as the Tab selected and currently viewed.

Driving me nuts, because the last sneakypeak broke the stylesheets and the official build render some pages with massive problems.

Do you have an example page that is causing this? It sounds like javascript is being run on the page causing something the to happen.

By the way, stylesheets should be working again in the latest SPs.

thanks, that helped me a lot!
regards,
chantal

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
Do you have an example page that is causing this? It sounds like javascript is being run on the page causing something the to happen.
Sorry, took so long to report back on this.

https://thepiratebay.org/

The 5.11 sneakypeek download seems to be expired. I can't download it anymore. Is a new build ready?

I am hoping for some interesting updates in the future. Mac OS X v10.7 preview now uses WebKit2. I hope we see OmniWeb using this framework too in the near future.
Still using OmniWeb as my main browser!

I just downloaded the latest OW.
I have been testing Browsers for a week.
Chrome and Firefox can't pass Acid 3!!!
I also ran it through my local broadband speed test.
Once again OW won out even over Safari!
Great Work
Keep it Coming.
I would like to see OW with extensions....

✞ Dan