The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW and Google apps Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I realize that there are several threads on this topic, but I wanted to see the state of progress with respect to OW and Gmail, Gcal, Google documents, etc. Recently I have had to change my mail and calendar to Google and with OW mimicking IE, FF, and Safari I have had crashes and formatting problems. Google documents doesn't work at all. I love OW and still use it for all non-Google functions but it just makes sense to have one browser open for all things so much of the time I am limited to FF. Just wondering if the differences between Google apps and OW are still irreconcilable or getting closer to being resolved and whether there is a mechanism for us to feed back to Google to make changes to enhance compatibility? Thanks much! Mike

I use Gmail all the time, as well as Google gadget editor, iGoogle. I set browser to identify as Safari 3.1.2

Never tried docs, though.

Thanks Handycam, I will try that setting for Gmail and Gcal!

Setting OW to Safari 3.x.x does seem to work for Gmail except once in a while Gmail will just hang when sending a message. To compare, I switched for a few hours to FF 3.x and no hangs on the same network. Anyone else seeing that phenomenon?

Google documents is really funky in OW mimicking FF, IE or Safari (Safari seems the best but half the time you cant pull up documents and it just hangs when starting the Google docs program)

I came to the forum looking for an answer to my Gmail & OW "issues." My Gmail has been just awful since I bought OW this past Monday. I tried changing OW to identify as Firefox 3.1, but that was even worse. Now I have it set for Safari and it seems to be working so much better. I checked all my Google documents and so far, I'm not having a problem opening any of them as Safari 3.1.

Since the OW 5.8 final version my Google documents and Google groups have worked pretty well (identifying as Safari 3.x).

I tried Safari Webkit. I wanted to like it, I really did! But like with FF, in a week or less I am back to my best buddy OW and much less frazzled for it! I know that they will get this quirky stuff worked out so don't give up on OW Robin! The Omni folks are the very best!

Mike

I am using the latest WebKit lately, to get the newest Web Inspector.

I would use OW, if only 2 things:

1 - new web inspector
2- auto-closing tab drawer